Friday, December 3, 2021

Pillar of Reflection


Pillar of Reflection

for Janet

When I look at you
I see myself
standing there
by the half moon, high
in the western sky
your dancing starlight
sings to me
and this warm earth
kisses my cheek
irradiating light
heavens bound.
Tonight
throughout all my being
I know why
you and I
are here.


Red Bluff Park, California

Note:
The images above are based on original photographs that have been regenerated using digital filters that simulate Orphic abstract art in the style of Robert Delaunay and the non representational form of Piet Mondrian.

The Orphists were rooted in Cubism but tended towards free emotive personal compositions unrelated to objective reality. Named "lyrical abstraction" they saw art as a union of sensation and color with the aim of abandoning recognizable subject matter to concentrate exclusively on form and color. This artistic movement also took up Simultanism the idea that colors look different depending on the other colors that are around them.